Home > Our Programs|
RCOI's goal is to confront the challenges in the community addressing education, health, financial literacy and career development.
Community Center and Picnic Pavilion:
- A place to hold board meetings
- A place to hold all planned activities/programs/workshops
- Provide a place for the children to play in-door sports
- Provide meeting/banquet space for special occasions to residents and non-residents
- Location to double as a storm shelter
- Academic Excellence Program (AEP) – Encourage, reward, tutor and mentor students grades K-12.
- Provide a book stipend/scholarship to graduating seniors who reside in the Rockville community who attend college and/or trade school.
- Summer tutoring based on need and volunteers.
Economic Development / Career Assessment:
- Computer training
- Resume writing workshop
- Dress for Success workshop
- Networking workshops (face-to-face and PC based)
- Interviewing workshop
- Will preparation workshops
- Budgeting workshops
- Planning for retirement
- Life Insurance
- Long term care
Physical Fitness / Awareness:
- Health fair to discuss illnesses that disproportionately affect the African American community
- Nutritional classes to promote healthy eating
- Offer exercise classes
Rockville Community Outreach, Inc.
P. O. Box 1343 Jackson, Alabama 36545
Click logo above to make your donation now online!
We can only achieve our goals with assistance of generous donations from members of our community (past and present) and friends.
We are in the planning stages of building a picnic pavilion and multi-purpose room on the site of the “Old School House”. The approximate cost of this project is $65,000 and we need your support to make this project a reality. No amount is too small or too large!
Rockville Community Outreach, Inc. is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible.